June 1, 2023, Guangxi Normal UniversityCHEN WeiProfessor at Tsinghua UniversityNano Research EnergyPublished a review entitled “Metal–organic framework and carbon hybrid nanostructures: fabrication strategies and electrocatalytic application for the water splitting and oxygen reduction reaction”.
With the rapid development of the economy, the energy crisis and environmental pollution problems are becoming more and more serious, prompting us to develop a sustainable and clean new energy system. Among them, electrochemical energy conversion technology is considered to be one of the ideal potential alternative energy systems. The technique involves a variety of electrochemical reactions, in which electrocatalysts play a key role. Researchers have developed a variety of electrocatalysts in the past ten years, but there are still great challenges in terms of cost and stability.Metal-organic frameworks (MOFs)Due to its regular channels, active centers of atom dispersion, adjustable pore size and pore environment, it has been regarded as a promising class of electrochemical energy conversion electrocatalysts. However, MOFs are relativeLower conductivityandstabilityIt limits its wide application in the field. In this case, the preparation of MOFs and carbon composites by using the high conductivity and stability of carbon-based materials can effectively overcome the above defects. In addition, the synergistic effect of MOFs and carbon can optimize the electronic structure of the active site and increase the active surface area, thereby further improving the electrocatalytic performance of the composite.
Figure 1. The combination of carbon materials and MOFs in different spatial dimensions and their applications in OER, HER and ORR.
This paper briefly introduces the latest research progress of MOF/carbon composites, including the preparation methods of MOFs hybridized with carbon-based materials of different dimensions and their electrocatalytic applications in the fields of water splitting.
1) The authors first look at metal-organic frameworks with carbon materials of different dimensionsSynthesis strategyA brief introduction was given.
2) The authors next summarize and discuss the latest advances in the application of metal-organic frameworks and carbon materials in the field of electrocatalysis such as water splitting, including:Hydrogen evolution reaction (HER)、Oxygen evolution reaction (OER)andOxygen reduction reaction (ORR)。
3) Finally, the authors highlight the advantages and challenges of such catalysts and discuss the future development trend of MOF/carbon composites for HER, OER, and ORR.
Su Z, Huang Q, Guo Q, et al. Metal–organic framework and carbon hybrid nanostructures: Fabrication strategies and electrocatalytic application for the water splitting and oxygen reduction reaction. Nano Research Energy, 2023, https://doi.org/10.26599/NRE.2023.9120078
Nano Research Energy is a companion journal of Nano Research, (ISSN: 2791-0091; e-ISSN: 2790-8119; Official Website: https://www.sciopen.com/journal/2790-8119Founded in June 2022, Professor Qu Liangti of Tsinghua University and Professor Chunyi Zhi of City University of Hong Kong serve as editors-in-chief.Nano Research EnergyIt is an international multidisciplinary and English-based open access journal, focusing on the cutting-edge research and application of nanomaterials and nanoscience and technology in new energy-related fields, benchmarking against top international energy journals, and committed to publishing high-level original research and review papers, which has been selected2022 China Science and Technology Journals Excellence Action Plan – High Starting Point New Journal Project。 APC fees will be waived until 2025, and teachers are welcome to submit their papers.
To submit, please contact:
Special statement: This article is reproduced only for the need to disseminate information, and does not mean to represent the views of this website or confirm the authenticity of its content; If other media, websites or individuals reprint and use from this website, they must retain the “source” indicated on this website and bear their own legal responsibilities such as copyright; If the author does not wish to be reprinted or contact the reprint fee, please contact us.
What you should know:
- We (universe3000.com) translate, organize, and publishe this article for the purpose of transmitting information. It does not mean that we agree with its views, nor does it mean we own the relevant copyright. we will indicate the original source for those related reprinted content,. If it infringes your copyright, please contact us to delete it.
- Some articles are translated by Bing or Google, Please bear with us if there are errors that lead to unsatisfactory reading. If you have anything to say to us, please submit it here. Thank you very much!